InGym is a one semester course for students of non-German mother tongue to learn German quickly and to adapt to the Bavarian school system.
- level B1 of German as a foreign language
- introduction to German society, culture and traditions
- familiarization with the Bavarian school system and preparation for the future Stammschule
Target group / prerequisites:
Students who have not enough knowledge of German to follow regular lessons and
- who have moved to Germany only recently (6-12 months).
- who visited a school of secondary education in their country of origin.
- who are between 11 and 15 years old.
- who are highly motivated.
- who have successfully passed the entrance exams in Maths and English.
- one semester (Sep - Feb / Feb - July)
- after InGym students return to the school close to their home
Information / schedule:
- junior course (age 11-13)
- senior course (age 14-15)
- group size: 18 students max.
- 20 hours/week: German as a foreign language
- 4 hours/week: Maths, English
- 2 hours/week: geography, history and politics, physics, PE, etc.
- 1 hour/week: art, music
- excursions: Munich and surroundings
- attendance of WHG lessons
- English (45min)
- Maths (45min)
- German (5min interview) - no pre-knowledge of German needed
- no specific preparation needed
- application: via your Stammschule or the Sekretariat at Wilhelm-Hausenstein-Gymnasium
- Next test date: Monday, February 11, 2019, 2-4pm
- Last day of registration for the test: Thursday, February 7, 2019
- Start of classes (course 2018): Monday, February 18, 2019, 8am