InGym: A project for high-achieving pupils with German as a foreign language / Intensive German courses (B1) / Goal: Gymnasium (Abitur)
- level B1 of German as a foreign language
- introduction to German society and culture
- familiarization with the Bavarian school system and preparation for the future Stammschule
Students who have not enough knowledge of German to follow regular lessons and
- who have moved to Germany only recently (6-12 months).
- who are planning to stay in Germany.
- who visited a school of secondary education in their country of origin.
- who are between 11 and 15 years old.
- who are highly motivated.
- who have successfully passed the entrance exam in Maths and English (see below).
- Phase I: One semester at the Pilotschule (Wilhelm-Hausenstein-Gymnasium)
- Phase II: One semester as a guest student at the Stammschule close to where you live
- junior course (age 11-13)
- senior course (age 14-15)
- group size: max. 18 students
- 20 hours/week: German as a foreign language
- 4 hours/week: Maths, English
- 2 hours/week: Geography, History, Social Studies, Physics, PE, etc.
- 1 hour/week: Art, Music
- excursions: Munich and surroundings
- attendance of WHG lessons
- English (45min)
- Maths (45min)
- Interview in German (3-4min)
- no specific preparation needed, no pre-knowledge of German needed
- application: via the Stammschule or call the secretary at WHG (see Kontakt)
- Upcoming test date: Thu, July 11, 2019, 2-4pm (registration till latest, Mon, July 8, 2019)
- Start of classes: Tue, September 10, 2019, 8am